Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kelsey Family Information By Greta (Townsend) Kelsey.

My name is Greta (Townsend) Kelsey). My husband was Richard ””Dick” Kelsey”. Just ran across your Oakland site a while ago & read the part about the Kelsey farm family. When someone got the information together about the family that you used a generation kind of got left out. Anyway, if you are interested, the following information is correct.

Melvin “M.T.” Kelsey (my husband’s grandfather) & Fannie Jenkins’ children were Scott E. Kelsey & Chester “Chet” Kelsey.

Scott E. Kelsey (my father-in-law) married Iva Carothers & their children were Scott “Scotty” W., Samuel “Sam”, & Richard D. “Dick” Kelsey (my husband).

Scotty Kelsey married Faye Townsend & their children are Linda & Douglas

Sam Kelsey was widowed twice & his children are Gaylord, Francis, & Rebecca “Becky”

Dick Kelsey married Greta Townsend & their children are Jeline & Richard “Rick”

Chester “Chet” Kelsey married Lillian & their children were Barbara & Diana

The name of their farms is Northwood Farms (not Northland)

My husband’s grandfather, Melvin “M.T.s”, brother was Grant Kelsey. One of his children was Myron & he married Eula. Their children were Marjorie & Myron, Jr. (I knew the family.)

I lived in Oakland until I was married then we moved to the farm at Rossville. My sister, Faye, and I married brothers, Scott & Dick. My parents lived in Oakland until they passed away at ages 82 & 93.

My two brothers, Hubert & Bill, lived there until they passed away 3 & 7 years ago. My in-laws lived there many years, too, so I’ve always had ties to Oakland.

By: Greta (Townsend) Kelsey.

No comments:

xanga statistics
Spathiphyllum